Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Hug


It was late in the evening, a little dark but for the lights that came from the shops near by. It was at the bus stop, where she had gone to say farewell to visitors, who like me, had earlier come to say hello to her, as she had returned that early evening! She finally saw me across the road and if it were not for the speed bump just before where she crossed, she may have been hit by the car that was approaching her! My first guess was that she was running to give way to the car, but like a Crescendo, that adds such beautiful expression to a musical piece, she ran even faster as she came near me. Yes, she was running towards me! I had missed her, terribly, she had missed me too! One of us played the cool guy and stood, stood firm to prepare for the impact, he was actually nervous, while one of us threw herself at this cool guy and hugged him, ever so lovingly and with loads of care! She didn’t care who was watching! She hugged me so long and so tight, she knew I had missed that hug of hers! And as my head was buried in her long, braided hair, my mind went back to those very simple, silly questions that I keep asking myself! “She loves me, she loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not…” But even more importantly, “I love her, I love her not, I love her, I love her not…”  What will happen? Well, even I don’t know, only time will tell!!

2 comments:

  1. About being in love...I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful...he he he
    However there s somethin' dat d great Woody Allen has said, which u shld know, "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."
    Hope ur all set now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa. Lovely-ly written mate. Love the "one of us" and classifying them as Her and Him.

    Typical Terry.

    Awesome \^^

    ReplyDelete