Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Proposal

No matter how well you prepare yourself with 'The Proposal Speech', it just never comes out the way you planned it to! But in most cases, that really doesn't matter, because in most cases, the intended message is delivered and a response is generated! Our proposal is usually not the only thing that determines how and what the proposee (lol) will respond! It's a collection of things that took place well before the proposal itself! 

'Hug Girl' and I know each other for a very long time! We met briefly before I left for India, and we've been friends ever since! If I were to have things my way then, she may have been my girl friend then! There were good reasons then that made it impossible for me to have things my way! One obvious was the fact that I was leaving for India! The others, well, those I keep to myself! I shall however say, that they left me feeling very challenged, and even a bit upset, that they could be reasons that could stop me from being with this lovely person! 
I spent a lot of my time (my 3 years in India) preparing myself just to prove that she was wrong! But I didn't want to just prove her wrong! It was my hope that proving her wrong would mean winning her heart! If she was still single that is! 

My efforts seemed to pay off! 'Hug Girl' immediately noticed the changes, and as she slowly learnt more about me, she seemed to cancel out a lot of the challenges and doubts she had! I'd thank my friends here too, because they made it a point to tell her how nice a person I was (I am not behind this plot) whenever they met her! I just have great friends!

'Hug Girl' did have a relationship, sometime back, and it ended rather badly and sadly! So, here I was, liking a person, who came from a bad relationship, with some doubts about me! Do I spend time to comfort her, and postpone my proposal to later? Wouldn't it be selfish to ask her out now, while she's made it clear that she may not be ready? I immediately realized this as another challenge, and that finally brings me to the actual proposal!

THE ACTUAL PROPOSAL!

I call it proposing now for the future! I delivered the proposal speech (lol), but more importantly, I remember that I finally asked her to be my girlfriend, in the 'near' future! That is when she is ready, and when we both think we know each other well enough and we can go out with each other! There are good reason I did this! 

First, I really didn't want some guy coming and asking her out while I was still wondering when to ask her out! While I can't prevent that, her knowing about my feelings in advance is important!

But more importantly, I wanted to know where I stood! If there was at least a spec of light at the end of the tunnel! If I should linger on, or beat it! If I should continue spending time with her, or move on and pursue someone else, for this would've been my 3rd and final proposal!

She answered with this exact one word... 'POA!' Which translates to 'COOL'... which further inquiry revealed that she meant she had heard what I said, she had feelings for me, and she was ready to give our relationship a try once we were ready! So there is light at the end of the tunnel! It's not a YES or a NO, rather a MAYBE! Will the light intensify? That we wait and see!

Hug Girl's name is Immaculata!

3 comments:

  1. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! atleast its a start...very happy 4 u Tery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha. Nice bro. Nice nice nice nice nice.

    Remember my teachings for they will help you.

    All the best going towards the light.

    ReplyDelete