Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

St. Bakhita Choir (The Choir I Sing For) Singing Bwana Moyo Wangu

Hello there, this video is of St. Bakhita Choir, the one I sing for! We had a short celebration on Sunday, starting with a thanksgiving mass and ending with a short celebration in the Youth's House at the parish! You may want to know about St. Bakhita (click on this link). She's an African Saint, and she's the patron saint of our choir! Not all the choir members were there! It's hard to get youths to sing! :) Different continents, same challenges! p.s. the actual video quality was much better, the current quality is the magic of youtube upload!

The song's chorus is:

Bwana Moyo wangu hauna kiburi, nayo macho yangu hayainuki!
Wala sijishughulishi na mambo makuu, yanayozishinda nguvu zangu

which roughly translates to: 

Lord, my heart has no pride, and my eyes dare not rise
I bother not with things that are great, things I cannot tackle with my might!


No comments:

Post a Comment