Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What I do... For A Living!


I'm sure, some of you have been wondering what I do! I've told few of you what I'm actually doing, infact, even some of my friends don't actually know if I work, or even if yes, where I work! Perhaps there were so many things that made me not to speak.

First, when I reached home from India, my mum was sick! She needed my company, so I couldn't really get a permanent job at that moment. So at my uncle's invitation, I started going to his company (Business Information Development Center (BIDC)) whenever I could afford the time. I slowly did the work and got used to it, but sometimes I wanted to work from home, so I did! So I soon entered into my uncle's payroll! 

Well, whatever I did, I must've impressed my uncle so much, because he offered me to become a partner together with him. So for quite sometime, that's what I've been doing. In the company my title is the Development Manager. In short we provide a wide range of IT services. We design websites, POS software, we teach etc. Our Website is still under construction, and will give you the address once it's done! 

What I like with my current job, is that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. It offers me a lot of freedom. Getting any other job will probably mean losing my freedom. 

So the reasons I didn't say this:
  • Never thought it was a longterm thing
  • Most people would criticize the fact that I'm working with my uncle, because he's family.
  • Maybe the scale of the company, small that is, made me wonder, how would I look working in the company
  • Maybe some people never took it seriously!
  • Maybe I didn't take it seriously!


So why am I writing this now?
Well, as time goes on, I realize just how much potential this company has! Apart from that, it's also giving me the required experience to take up any IT job that I want later.

My family's been extremely supportive too... They let us do all of their IT jobs... Websites, stuff like that... visit, www.flyingchefstz.com, www.bahari.org (to be revamped soon). My grandpa keeps giving me books from his extremely huge library... From "Become an MBA in 10 days" (It's a big book)... to "How to become a super sales man". My aunt gave me a tip, that "word of mouth" is probably the best marketing strategy. Something I've come to prove by myself... 

I basically come from a family of Entrepreneurs... Some have been employed at some point, and decided to do something of their own, but some, just started of like that and they're all doing well... That should serve as enough inspiration right? :) ;)

Well, that's what I do! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment