Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL: (THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS (UNKNOWN DAYS TO GO))

The beginning of June marked, to me, the beginning of a countdown. A countdown to the day I leave India and go back home. I've yet to decide on a particular date, though 26th of June seems to be the probable day! All that I'll know by today! The decision is ultimately up to me! No longer than 30th June though!

June brought with it it's own changes. For instance, I had to move early in the morning yesterday from the Hostel where I've stayed almost my entire college life to Ndaki's place, a little nearer to the airport :) ! The move, though to a more comfortable place, was nevertheless extremely emotional. I had that feeling you get when you're about to cry! I had it, I had it for a looooooooooong time!

What a contrast, however, to the feeling I had when I first arrived to India. When I first got to India, my first instinct was how and when can I go back home??? IT WAS HOT! And the hostel, was well, the hostel. That I ultimately stayed here was a challenge to me. A challenge I've somehow managed to overcome. I was not alone though!

I shall dedicate my endurance to the following people, who's presence made me feel a little at home, and encouraged me. They are Zakaria Moshi, Amonson Asseri, Gabriel Kavishe, later on Samson Peter Mtonga, John Dickson Mtonga, Christopher Rwiza and last but not least Samuel Efrem. They made the first days interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment