Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Countdown Continues: The ladies in my life - Part I

My ticket says: "I'll be in transit at Doha for 1.15 hours"

Vow: "I vow to have all my clothes cleaned well before the night of the trip"

Until 10 minutes ago, I was going to Ariyallur (Somewhere near Thanjavur, Alfred Sundarraj's Place), however, my host suggested I leave a little later, so I'll leave tomorrow morning. That gave me a chance however, to write another post!
I know, I know, I've broken one of the cardinal rules, i.e. Ladies First! And the ladies in my life have actually talked to me, demanding an explanation (typical ain't it). But for them, I'd like to quote the following "Save the best for last!". So patience ladies, just a little patience! ;)

Today, meet Jinu (more famously known as Jinju):



Well, this beautiful lady is one of the closest lady friends I've had here in India! Perhaps I like her because, well, she sleeps a lot, and talks a lot too! Which makes her kind of interesting, coz sleeping is like one of the things I enjoy doing and well, I don't talk much, so some one has to! Jinu just fits perfectly! lol!

Here's part of a chat I had with Jinu recently:

"hey its life embrace it. Trust me, actually no, trust in the Lord n He will guide ur path. Lean nt on ur own understanding... in all of ur ways acknowledge Jesus and He will make ur path straight"

Well, that there is one of the reasons Jinu's one of my favorite girls! When she's not sleeping, Jinu's one of my favorite advisers! She has a way of making me feel great, whenever I'm down or guilty! She has made me accept the fact that no one is perfect (Yes, especially not me, lol!). Jinu's extremely supportive too! We always, in our occasional chat sessions, try to figure out stuff about life, studies, relationships, etc.

Along with that, Jinu's a girl with a very strong faith! Her faith and trust in the Lord (Jesus Christ) is something I admire always! She's one of those people I look at and say, I wish I had faith like her! I envy her! I admire the way she prays and always involves God in her life and decisions! Jinu's also an amazingly great singer! She has a very strong voice! Jinu also shows her faith during singing, you see that she's actually singing from the bottom of her heart! I Always wanted to do a duet with her (never got a chance :( ), perhaps someday in the future!



Jinu Singing :)

Even before I met Jinu, I always admired her! Her fast-paced, confidence filled walk, And I was like, who's that girl??? lol! I finally met Jinu as I joined Loyola Choir (Thus the reference to the singing)! She's fun, sweet! It's funny how she starts talking like a kid when she speaks to her parents (ok, a little confession here, even I do, but only when I'm alone with my mum, ;) )

She's also a great social worker. And she's told me once that Her aim's to do all that's in her ability to help the poor, the oppressed n needy! She's got the intellect, she's got the courage! She can, I'm sure bring the changes n do the work she aspires to do!

Jinu just finished writing her IAS exams (did I Get that right?). She awaits her results, and she's currently working! Jinu has also recently found love, and she's extremely happy! Gotta admit, she's dating a great guy ;)! I wish her all the best in all her endeavors and life as she goes through life and aims to serve the society!


Jinu, I hope I did u justice ;)!

p.s. Jinu is the one who suggested I post pictures of my friends too as I write about them! So, here u go! Don't worry, everyone's picture will be put up soon!

AN EXPERIENCE TO SHARE: Sometimes we just have to be selfish, sometimes we just have to break hearts!
Now, I'm not a heart breaker, nor am I selfish! I have however, been in situations, this year especially, when I've had to become a little selfish and I've had to break hearts! There have been situations when I was just too tired (Final year was challenging), to help anyone. There have been times, when I've had to back down from trips we (My friends and I) took a lot of time planning! Perhaps I needed time to rest, or I needed time to work, perhaps I needed time to myself! Apart from that, having two groups of friends meant sometimes, my choices were never easy! I'm sure most of you have experienced this! Sometimes, no matter how we try, somethings are just planned on the same date by both groups of friends! So yes, sometimes we do have to be selfish, and sometimes we do have to break hearts! It's sad, but true! We just hope that our friends find it in their hearts to forgive us!

No comments:

Post a Comment